GARDEN SHEDS - Delivered to Taunton, Bridgwater, Minehead, Wellington, Ilminster and Surrounding Areas
Here at Taunton Sheds (& Toys) we have over 40 assorted Garden Buildings on Display. Most of which are manufactured in England there are several different Manufacturers for you to look at and choose from. We can cater for all needs, from our quality, affordable Kingston Range of Garden Sheds through to the Rolls Royce of our collection - The De-Luxe Range of Garden Sheds - Many of our manufacturers are West Country based with names synonymous with quality, value for money and craftmanship. Our buildings are all made from Scandanavian redwood, no composite materials (ie chipboard or OSB) is used in their construction.
BUYING A TIMBER GARDEN BUILDING
The shed market is a very competitive business with many avenues of purchase available With this in mind we urge people to look before they buy and compare like for like. Remember buying the cheapest available does not always make economical sense.
So what do you need to consider.............
WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT IT and ON WHAT.......?
Where to site the building is an all important consideration. You need to consider how exposed to the elements it will be, its proximity to Hedges, Fences, Trees, Bushes and other Buildings. All of the aforementioned are good mediums for transportation of moisture onto your building and must be avoided. Cut back any foliage that might impede your building. It is advisable to leave at least two feet between your building and surrounds to allow you access to stain the building. Never put the building directly onto soil or grass, a Flat, Firm and Level Base is essential. There are several Base options available and if you are in any doubt we can advise accordingly. Having decided where to put the building you now need to decide.......
SIZE and STYLE - make sure the shed is big and robust enough for your needs, do you want a Pent (single sloping) or Apex (pointy) roof style. These are mainly individual preferences but certain things like 'visual impact' can have a bearing on the final choice of style. Most importantly remember the size of your shed is the 'footprint'. You must make allowances of 3-4 inches all round for roof overhang - this is particularly important if space is limited.
FLOOR and ROOF CONSTRUCTION - Make sure the roof and floor are not made of chipboard. Chipboard is a natural attractor of moisture and should it get wet will eventually disintegrate thus shortening the life span of your building. Check also that the roofing felt is of a good quality.
FRAMING and CLADDING - Check the thickness of cladding (especially on overlap type sheds). Framing is all important to the structure of the building. Size, finish and centres (distance between the uprights) is paramount. For example a building boasting 50mmx50mm framing set at say 30inch centres may not be as robust as a building with 50mmx38mm framing at 24 inch centres. Also remember that once you go beyond 8 feet in width the framing size must be heavier and the roof must have at least one substantial roof truss.
EAVES HEIGHT, DOORS and WINDOWS - It is important to check the internal eaves height, you need ample headroom to make your shed a comfortable environment to work in. Is the door in the position best suited for your needs and are the dimensions adequate. Are the windows glass or Perspex ? after a time Perspex can become milky from the effects of the sun, weather etc.
In nearly all of the buildings we sell the specification can be upgraded to suit individual needs.
Scroll down the Page and Click on Product Titles below to view list of sizes available and prices for each range.
A truly well built, robust and functional Garden Shed, at home in either the Garden or the Allotment. Strong Framing and substantial 'overlap' Cladding makes this shed a very versatile product. Available in Apex or Pent styles. Delivery and Installation included in the Price. THIS IS A LOCALLY MADE PRODUCT
- Framing: 38mm x 50mm (1.5” x 2”) Sawn Redwood
- Cladding: 15mm thick Sawn Overlap
- Floor: 25mm thick Sawn Square Edge
- Roof: Mineral Felt on 25mm Sawn Boards
- Door Width: 650mm (25.5”) (24.5” opening)
Affordable, yet well made Garden Building available in Pent or Apex styles, Shiplap Tongue and Groove Cladding, Tongue & Groove Floor and Roof with a good quality Mineral Felt Roof covering.
The KINGSTON Range also incorporates a Hi-Apex version which has a 3' door where allowable.
- Framing: Ex 32mm x Ex 50mm (1.25” x 2”) Planed & Rounded
- Cladding: 12mm thick Planed Redwood Shiplap T & G
- Floor: 12mm thick TGV on Ex 32mm x 50mm (1.25” x 2”) Planed Joists
- Roof: Mineral Felt on 12mm TGV Boards, Plain Fascias
This Redwood tongue and groove building is ideal for any storage purpose and is available in all sizes including non-standard sizes. All the 'Optional Extras' are available for the Supreme Range so that the building can be customised to the customers own needs. These buildings can be supplied factory painted, 32 colours to choose from at an additional cost - please ask for further details
- Framing: Ex 38mm x Ex 50mm (1.5” x 2”) Planed & Rounded
- Cladding: 13mm thick Planed Redwood Shiplap T & G
- Floor: 13mm thick TGV on Ex 32mm x 50mm (1.25” x 2”) Planed Joists
- Roof: Mineral Felt on 13mm TGV Boards, Fluted Fascias
- Door Width: 889mm (35”) 34” opening,Lock and Door Handle
- 'Optional Extras'(not available on the Popular Range)
- Tanalised Timber Option - + 25%
- Opening Window (available on popular range) - £49.00
- Extra Fixed Window - £49.00
- Additional Door (not available on Popular Range) - £94.00
- Stable Door - £62.00
- Double Doors: 4’ - £100.00: 5’ - £123.00: 6’ - £146.00
- Partitions incl.door: 8’ - £237.00: 10’ - £304.00: 12’ - £383.00
- 50mmx50mm Framing - +15%
- Heavy Duty Floor (per square foot) £1.09
- Log Lap Cladding - +20%
A true 'Work Horse' of a shed - Substantially constructed with Tanalised Timber throughout, NO Chipboard or OSB. This a low maintenance, yet superior quality garden shed. Ideal for Allotments but at the same time would not look amiss in a garden setting. 8'x6' Apex and 7'x5' Pent versions available. Please Note that these buildings are only available in the layout as shown. (Apex version - Window panel can be on the left or right hand side).
These buidings are kept in stock and are ready for immediate collection. Alternatively we can deliver/deliver and install - (please ask for further details).
- APEX SPECIFICATION
- Framing: Tanalised 1.75” x 1.5” Planed and Rounded
- Cladding: Ex19mm Tanalised Rebated Shiplap
- Roof: 19mm (3/4”) Tanalised Rebated Boards
- Floor: 19mm (3/4”) Tanalised Rebated Boards
- Eaves Height: 6’ (internally)
- Tallest Point: 6’ 6” (approx)
- Window: Single Glass Pane 25”x23” (approx)
- Door: Substantial Ledge and Braced 6’ x 2’ 5”
- All measurements are approximate, it is upto the buyer to satisfy themselves to their accuracy
The Rolls Royce of our collection, 'West Country' Hand Made Buildings, available in STANDARD or CUSTOM MADE STYLES & SIZES This Manufacturer will happily Quote and Build to individual requirements and Designs, wherever possible.
- Framing: 2.5” x 1.5” Tanalised Planed & Rounded(verticals @ 2’ centres)
- Cladding: 3/4” Tanalised rebated
- Floor: 3/4” Tanalised Ply
- Roof: Onduline on 2.75” x 2” Tanalised Roof Timbers
- Door Width: 29” (Opening 27.5”)
THE HEAVY DUTY Range is an excellent collection of substantial Garden Buildings with thicker 2” x 2” framing throughout. All windows are joinery made opening windows are a standard feature. Available in Pent or Apex Styles
- Framing: 50mm x 50mm (2” x 2”)
- Cladding: 16mm thick (approx) Shiplap, Tongue & Groove
- Floor: 13mm thick
- Roof: T & G Boards on 2” x 2” planed and rounded with good quality heavy duty Green
- Door Width: 36” (34”) opening 3” x 2” framework with 3' lever mortice lock